Can You Sue on Behalf of a Family Member?

In particularly devastating incidents, some victims of rollover accidents may be severely injured to the point of severe disability or may even pass away from their injuries. This sudden loss of critical function or life may leave a family unsure about what to do next. However, to avoid overwhelming financial problems from becoming a massive burden on the family, certain relatives may have the right to pursue a legal claim on behalf of their family member.

Fighting for Justice in a Loved One’s Name

If an individual is injured to the point of extreme disability, coma, or death, certain legal precedents allow the family to carry on with a rollover injury or wrongful death lawsuit. The following people may be entitled to take up this legal action:

  • Parents or grandparents
  • Legal guardians
  • Spouses or domestic partners
  • Children

In some cases, the laws regarding intestate succession, or how property is passed if not explicitly covered by wills or trusts, may be applied to determine who may represent a severely disabled or deceased individual.

Contact Us

If someone you love is unable, whether due to death or disability, to fight for justice against a party who caused their accident on their own terms, our legal team at the Willis Law Firm may be able to help you take up this legal action for them. For more information about how to prepare a claim in someone else’s name and how we may be able to assist you through this process, call 800-883-9858.